Custom Development: Outsourcing Partnerships
There is no disputing that custom development outsourcing can be cheaper. You can hire development firms outside the US (offshoring) that charge half the normal local rates.
If you are thinking about custom development outsourcing, you’re doing your business a great disservice if you don’t consider partnering.
The most common reason for custom development outsourcing is the reduction in cost. The reality of cost saving are complicated with 30% of companies reporting that it’s an effective strategy to reduce costs; 55% percent say it’s somewhat effective while 15% claim that it’s not effective at all.
- Short-term development efforts
- Long-term support and maintenance
- Ad-hoc hourly support
- Equity based ownership
Choosing a partner to complement your company’s culture and objectives can be challenging. However, when done right each company can reap benefits.
Custom Development Partnering Benefits:
- Sharing the burden and potential risk.
- Access to more skills, knowledge and experience. Partnerships provide for a wider skill base, complementary experience, and knowledge.
- Better, more effective decision-making.
- The ability to look at problems from many angles can help to achieve better, often more creative, and innovative solutions.
- Flexibility to use company resources on the highest priority strategic objectives.
- Resource reduction: shifting the burden of staffing professional IT personnel and allowing a partner to do the staffing to accommodate fluctuating IT needs.
- Infrastructure: Shifts the burden of purchasing, maintaining, and supporting costly IT infrastructure to a partner.
One80 Services is ready to partner with you on your next project. Give us a call today.Talk to Us Today